Information about data marked 'to be added' in the following list can
requested from the listed investigator.
Our plan it to make all project data available once the primary
for specific data sets are in press or published.
permanent TDE Data Archive is located at CDIAC
Core Project Data Sets and Primary References
- Latitude 35° 58.002' N
- Longitude 84° 16.888' W
- Elevation 250 to 334 m
System Performance Data
Weather data (available for the years shown)
Species composition via annual surveys of survival and diameter
- Foliar photosynthesis and conductance
- Net photosynthesis and conductance (to be added P.
Hanson and K. Wilson)
- Foliar conductance (may be added R. Auge)
- Leaf N content
- Seasonal patterns (to be added P. Hanson, T.
and K. Wilson)
- Treatment effects (to be added T. Tschaplinski)
- Leaf water potential (to be added T. Tschaplinski, M.
- Leaf osmotic potential (to be added T. Tschaplinski, M.
- Foliar respiration (to be added N. Edwards)
- Whole-plant water use via sapflow measurements ( to be
Sapling data (1995, 1998, 1999, 2000)
- Nonstructural carbohydrates (to be added T.
- Litter decomposition (to be added P.
- Soil respiration
- Coarse wood decomposition (to be added, P.
Stand level carbon cycle components (calculated stand level values (to
be added P. Hanson)
- Net ecosystem carbon exchange -- NEE
- Net primary production -- NPP
- Gross primary production -- GPP
- Leaf, stem, and soil/root respiration
- Evapotranspiration, transpiration, evaporation, and
Multi-factor Simulations For the Walker Branch Forest
Hanson PJ, Wullschleger SD, Norby RJ, Tschaplinski TJ,
Gunderson CA (2005) Importance of changing CO2, temperature,
precipitation, and ozone on carbon and water cycles of an upland oak
forest: incorporating experimental results into model simulations.
Global Change Biology 11:1402-1423. [Paper]
- INTRASTAND STELLA Model used in the paper [Stella model]
Related Data Other Sources
Armillaria fungi (may be added J. Bruhn)
Atmospheric Deposition and Air Quality
Alternate climate data
Ridge, TN Climate Data
- Drought indicies
- PDSI - Palmer Drought Severity Index 1993-2000 (to be
- CMI - Crop Moisture index 1993-2000 (to be added)
- Drought Monitor index May, 1999 - 2000 (to be added)
Hebivory and Foliar Chemistry (may be added D. Shure).
Send general questions or comments on this page to:
Paul J. Hanson (email@example.com)
Walker Branch Project Coordinator
Environmental Sciences Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
P.O. Box 2008, Building 1059
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6422 USA
Go to [TDE